Karl & I both agree that Christmas Eve is so much funner than Christmas. After Karl got off work he took the kids snowmobiling in our backyard & around town.
Every Christmas Eve Grandma Sandra gives everyone new p.j.'s. She does such a good job at picking them out.
Then we go to the bowling alley. First we eat, then Santa comes to give all the kids a present.


When everyone else left, we got the wii out and played it for most of the day.
I am so sad that it is over, but look forward to a new year!
This night is about the only time we bowl all year. Last year I beat Karl, so my goal this year was to do it again. Didn't happen. The kids love bowling. We put bumpers on one lane and the kids are off on their own. (with a little of adult supervision) This is a tradition that we have done since before we were married. I am sad to say that this year will probably be the last. Karl's uncle that owns the bowling alley was in a terrible accident this year. We are so glad he is doing well, but he is selling the bowling alley. I can't think of anything that could top this tradition.
We got done a little early, so we decided to go to Sandra's house. She has all kinds of things that make noise. Kort loves them all.Christmas morning starts with the kids opening presents one at a time. We always said we were never going to be a video game family, but we finally gave in and bought a wii. That's all Kevin wanted. Kort wanted motorcycles, and got plenty. Once again they got way too many toys.
All of Karl's family meets at Sandra's for breakfast. Best of all is the fresh squeezed orange juice. I would love to have it every morning. Then we unwrapped more presents.
All of Karl's family meets at Sandra's for breakfast. Best of all is the fresh squeezed orange juice. I would love to have it every morning. Then we unwrapped more presents.
I got Karl a day with an instructor to go kite snowboarding. This was his reaction. His two brothers got the same thing. They are going together. Lets just hope they all make it back safely.
When everyone else left, we got the wii out and played it for most of the day.
I am so sad that it is over, but look forward to a new year!
2 comments:
I hope you don't mind us checking out your blog. Looks like you had a good Christmas! I love your Family Picture!
Colette,
I'm so glad you found my blog! I can't believe how big your boys have gotten. It sounds like you guys had a great Christmas! Keep in touch!!
XOXO Mel
Post a Comment