Monday, December 21, 2009

Live Nativity

Sandra invited us to go to a live nativity that she had went to last year. I went thinking we were going to see some animals in a barn. Little did I know I was going to be amazed. We started off with a hay ride that took us to Bethlehem.





After the hay ride we watched a short video of pictures of Jesus to the song of Mary Did You Know. Then we walked right in the middle of it all. We saw the wisemen, shepherds, animals, people paying their taxes, and innkeepers saying no room in the Inn. Near the end we walked into a stable and saw this.....

Joseph and Mary with a sleeping baby Jesus. It felt so peaceful and the spirit was so strong in that stable. The love that those parents had for their baby shown in their eyes, and they were so proud of that baby. I can only imagine how the shepherds and the wisemen felt the first time they saw Jesus.


They had lots of fires to stand by to stay warm, hot chocolate and cookies, and it was all free. I hope that night was the start of a new tradition. Who knew the little town of Fountain Green could put on such an amazing scene.

2 comments:

Madsen Family said...

Cool! My MIL wanted us to go this year and I made up some excuse cause I didn't want to get all bundled up. I had no idea that it was such a big production! I will definitely be there next year!

Robyn Cox said...

Nice post covering the events of the Live Nativity. We really enjoyed it too. Hopefully Karl can join us next year.