Thursday, January 7, 2010

41 stitches later




I honestly don't know why they are smiling. Last night, five minutes after entering the high school to watch a basketball game, the principle told us our son had cut his head out in the hall. (yes I WAS one of those moms) I wasn't prepared to see that BOTH boys had the biggest cuts I had ever seen. I am sure the people around me thought I had lost it, because I had. I was so excited to have last year over with, thinking this year was going to be better. This was not the way I thought this year would start. They were running and ran into each other. When we saw the doctor the first thing he said was "well you guys have broken a record. Out of the twenty years that I have worked in the emergency room I have never had to stitch up brothers that hit heads." Kevin refused to stay home from school today. He has just missed a little this morning, so he could sleep in, since we were in the emergency room till 11. They both have two layers of stitches, Kevin has 23 and Kort has 18. I am so glad that all they needed was stitches and that they are ok. I am also glad Karl was there to take over, and Sandra was there to take Jaydee.

4 comments:

pOlloCk FaMiLy said...

That's boys for ya! Lol. I'm sure Kevin was so excited to show all his friends his battle wound at school. Ellee would have taken that as an excuse to miss as much school as she could get away with.

What cute boys! Love em.

Robyn Cox said...

That really is one for the record! I probably would have passed out seeing two of my kids with their heads split open. I just don't know how much more abuse Kort's little forehead can take...it's good he has such a cute face to make up for all those battle wounds.

Madsen Family said...

Oh no, Colette! You have had some bad luck lately!! I hope they are recovering likely, but knowing them, the are probably pretty proud of their wounds at school :) Hopefully this is the end of the ER visits for a while :)

The Rollo Crew said...

Seriously that is what I have to look forward to with my two boys? I'm scared!
XOXO Melanie