Friday, November 14, 2008
You know those days when your husband walks through the door and you give him the kids and lock yourself in your room? Well I was just thinking today that I haven't had one for a long time. The other day Kevin drew me a picture. (he draws me one a lot) The picture had "i heart you". It brought tears to my eyes. I honestly didn't even think about what it would be like the first time he wrote me I love you. He is getting so big. He is learning to read....I can't believe it. Being a mother is so rewarding. It's the little things that bring such joy. Like the other day, Jaydee, who does not like to cuddle and only likes to sleep in her crib, fell to sleep in my arms in like two seconds. She put her head against my chest and fell right to sleep. I held her forever, not moving, just enjoying the moment. Then there is my sweet Kort who loves to cuddle. He has been walking around all day singing "everybody wants to go to Heaven," sometimes changing heaven to Kevin, because he thinks it's funny. His little voice is so cute. Karl is coaching the freshman basketball team at the high school. Practise is almost everyday right after he gets off work. I thought that the extra two hours would do me over, but it hasn't. The season has just started so I might have a different opinion in February. The boys get to go to practise with him sometimes. They love it. He is such a great dad and husband. I can't wait to go to the games to see my man in action. I am so luck to have him and my children in my life. I am so blessed. Anyway this is the picture Kevin drew for me. Isn't it so cute?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That is so cute. Unfortunately, I have way too may of the days with me locked in my bedroom. I'm excited about the cookie swap!
Such a great post about your family! Your kids sound very sweet. And how cool for Karl to coach basketball - I bet he'll still be doing it when your boys play in high school and that will be awesome!
p.s. I was, or still kinda am a Ute fan, but the family I married into has turned me a bit towards BYU. It will be an exciting game on Saturday either way!
I love your kids too! We feel so lucky to be "neighbors" with you as well as family. Thanks for moving to Manti!
Post a Comment