Tuesday, June 1, 2010

bring on summer

May Day means the end of the school year and the beginning of summer.






We were finally able to make it up to the cabin this weekend. The weather was perfect. We were able to have a fire in the cabin, hike, eat yummy food, fish, swing, play in the stream, & have a bb gun contest.



Kort had to shoot left handed because he could only close his right eye.
Some of our targets included:

Paper plate with target on it- Karl hit closest to the center.
Grapes- Kevin was the only one able to hit one.
Pine cone-Colette was the only one able to hit it, but Karl put forth a good effort.
Leaves- Kort hit.

The cabin is where we love to spend time together as a family. There is so much to do up there that we were not able to do this weekend. Hopefully next time we can stay more than one night.

2 comments:

Robyn Cox said...

Love the cute mountain picture at the top of your blog. That is what summer is all about!

Billie k said...

I am excited for the cabin! Seeing your pictures brought on a new kind of "cabin fever" :) I love your baby count down wiget. I couldn't find anything that cute when I was looking for my blog months ago.