Tuesday, November 17, 2009

update

I just wanted to update everyone on the last couple of days, maybe just to avoid some awkward conversations. They have been some of the hardest in our lives. I had my doctors appointment yesterday. After two ultrasounds, it was confirmed that there was no heartbeat. So today I had a D&C. It has been hard, but we have had a lot of support. My mom is here helping me with the kids and Robyn and Andy and Sandra had the kids over night. Thank you guys so much. I feel like I have already recovered from the surgery, just a little weak from loss of blood. I know we will make it through this trial in our lives, and I am so grateful to have Karl by my side. That's one thing I love about being married, you don't have to go through trials by yourself. Karl and his brother Clint were able to give me a blessing of comfort last night. I was told that I would one day get to be a mother to my child. I want to live my life so that one day I can. I know that we are not doing this alone, we have prayed so much and have felt comfort from our Heavenly Father. I am so thankful for the kids that I do have. They bring so much joy to my life. I want to thank everyone for the phone calls and prayers. They have meant so much to us.

10 comments:

tsparkinson said...

Just wanted to say that we LOVE YA TONS!! Hang in there.

Rachel Cox said...

So sorry, we're thinking of you guys and have you in our prayers.

Madsen Family said...

Oh Colette. I am so sorry. I know this must be sooo hard for you and Karl. You have a great partner and I love what you said about going through trials together. I know you need Friday night more than anything and I hope you still want to come for some time with your friends. Let me know if you need anything!

Lisa said...

I am so sorry. You are so strong and a very good example to me! I am keeping you in my prayers! I hope to see you Friday! I know you have lots of support, but if you need anything, like for me to take your kids to come play, or whatever, let me know!

Olsen Family said...

Colette, I'm so sorry to hear about losing your baby. If you ever need anyone to talk to please give me a call. I lost a baby at about 20 weeks between Kyler and Kaylee and I still have hard days. I have done a lot of research about stillbirths, Joseph Fielding Smith has some good quotes that really helped me out. I mean it, even if it is a month or two down the road, give me a call if you need someone to cry too.
Love ya,
Wendy Olsen

Amberly said...

My heart breaks for you guys. I am so sorry. Please know that you have SO many people that love you guys that are willing to do whatever you need. I'm glad you have been able to have comfort and peace in this hard time.

Jaclyn and kodey said...

Sorry to hear that, we will keep you in are prayers hang in their.

Angenette said...

Karl and Collette,

I'm so sorry for your loss.

As you know, we lost our last two babies at 21 and 20 weeks, and I know how devastating it is to go through something like this. I'm grateful for the comfort you found in a Priesthood blessing and pray that you continue to feel that comfort, especially on the hard days. Let us know if you need anything, even if it is just to talk.

Love, Angie

Melissa Hallman said...

Colette and Karl, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I know what it is like to lose a child, I too miscarried my first baby in June 06 in the 2nd trimester. But got pregnant in Dec 06. Only to have MAX have Cancer at 8 months old. It it hard and we sometimes wonder what Heavenly Father has in mind for us. I wish I had the Preisthood her with me, but my Husbands Family is Baptist. And I did look for the Missionaries when Max was dx with Cancer and they did help with giving him a Blessing and it has helped. Stay close to Heavenly Father and he will guide you, I too look forward to the day I get to see my first baby. You are in my Prayers! Love you guys!

Missy

Nate and Karen said...

So sorry to hear of your loss. You are in our prayers!